Nonimmigrant Visas for Husband Type K-3

It is a nonimmigrant visa that allows the wife of an American citizen to enter the United States to see her husband and to apply for residency within the United States. This visa is not the residence but a permit to enter the United States to apply for residency.

How is it obtained?

The process begins with the application of the I-130 form, which is an immigrant visa petition. Then, form I-129 must be presented. The government will approve the I-129 form and send it to the National Visa Center. This entity will communicate with the spouses and after receiving the essential documents, they will send the file to the immigrant’s country of origin. The consulate gives an appointment to the foreign husband and after an appointment then the government gives him the K3 visa. This visa is valid for 2 years. During that time, the immigrant spouse may apply for residency within the United States.

What are the requirements?
  • Be married to a U.S. citizen.
  • Live outside of the U.S.
  • Be eligible for the visa.
  • No violations of United States Immigration laws.
  • Have committed no crimes that disqualify for entry.
How can we help?
We prepare all the necessary documents and we will guide you beginning to the end.

Other services:

U Visa / VAWA

U Visa / VAWA

U Visa The U Visa protects people who were victims of a violent crime and who cooperated with the authorities after having suffered substantial physical

Read More »


A waiver or request for forgiveness is a procedure in which we ask the government to forgive us for any violation of immigration laws that

Read More »

Need more information or would like to make an appointment?

Call Us 24/7